Hello! Welcome to Beyond Soy!
Today we are sharing a recipe for homemade almond fruit bars (granola bars without the granola) courtesy of Riley over at Spiritual Growth Hormone. They are simple to make, guaranteed to be soy-free, and don't they look delicious?!?
What you'll need:
- 2 cups plain almonds
- 4 cups dried fruit (two types, any kind -- we used figs and craisins)
- 8x8 pan
- Parchment Paper
What to do:
- Blend the almonds in a blender
- Add dried fruit and blend it with the almonds
- Press mixture into an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper
- Cut into 2in x 2in bars
- Store the bars in the freezer
If you remove them from the freezer in the morning, the bars should last for the whole day in a backpack or lunch box without getting too mushy. Give them a try and let us know what fruit you used!