Hello! Welcome to Beyond Soy!
Salad is a great soy-free summer food--we love it! But, finding soy-free salad dressing can be a challenge as almost all of them use vegetable (soybean) oil. Brianna's is a great option, and they have several different varieties, but we are also not afraid to make our own!
The lemon juice vinaigrette below is super easy to make, only takes a few ingredients, and is a nice twist on the classic oil and vinegar dressing.
What you'll need:
- Lemon Juice (fresh squeezed or pre-packaged)
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Minced Garlic or Garlic Powder (optional)
What to do:
- Pour equal parts olive oil and lemon juice into a container. (We use a mason jar for easy shaking later!)
- Add a dash of pepper and garlic, if desired.
- Shake well.
- Pour over salad and enjoy!
This lemon juice vinaigrette keeps well in the fridge for a week or two, but we usually make just enough for our meal since it is so easy to whip up a fresh batch when needed. Happy salad eating!