Hello! Welcome to Beyond Soy!
Last week we talked about apple picking as a fun fall activity. It’s a great fall activity and you’ll end up with plenty of apples. Then, you can use those apples to make a delicious (and super-easy) apple crisp! This recipe is soy-free and very straightforward. We love to make it to share with friends on a chilly day. It reheats well and is even better when topped with vanilla ice cream!
What you’ll need:
- 6-8 apples (we typically use Granny Smith, but any type will work)
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Peel and slice the apples.
- In a large bowl, mix the sliced apples with the cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar. Then pour coated apples into a 8x8 baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, butter, and 1/2 cup sugar using your fingers to get a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350 F and bake for 40-50 addition minutes, until crumble is slightly browned.