Hello! Welcome to Beyond Soy!
Chocolate chip cookies are a minefield in the dessert world. While store bought cookies and boxed mix cookies often contain soy, homemade cookies are frequently soy-free (cookie recipes tend not to use oil and most people bake with real butter). The problem? Chocolate chips contain soy lecithin! While the rest of the cookie might be soy-free, the chocolate chips almost certainly contain soy, so almost all chocolate chip cookies are off the table when it comes to dessert.
Instead of giving up on chocolate chip cookies, we make our own with Nestle Dark Chocolate Morsels (our go-to soy-free chocolate chips)! I love how soft and gooey these cookies come out—I can never eat just one or two. If you are looking for a soy-free chocolate chip cookie, look no further. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag Nestle Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Parchment paper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Beat butter and both sugars until fluffy
- Stir in salt, vanilla, and eggs
- Stir in flour and baking soda until just combined
- Stir in chocolate morsels
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place 1-inch balls of dough on baking sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes. The cookies will be really soft—let them cool before removing them from the sheet to avoid smushing them