Hello! Welcome to Beyond Soy!
One of our absolute favorite foods here at Beyond Soy is macaroni and cheese. Mac and cheese is a great option to order at a restaurant because it is nearly always soy-free (do check the allergen menu though, because sometimes it can contain soy… I’m looking at you Noodles & Co.). Also, since lots of people like mac and cheese, it’s a great dish to bring to dinner at someone else’s house or to a potluck. While we enjoy a good Kraft dinner (which is soy-free!), Ashley and I also make our own mac and cheese using a friend’s recipe. This recipe is our go-to for delicious mac and cheese. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups uncooked pasta (8 oz) (personally we like shells or penne, but any pasta will do)
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground mustard
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 2 cups milk
What To Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cook pasta as directed.
- Melt butter. Then add flour, salt, pepper, ground mustard and worcestershire sauce. Mix until bubbly.
- Turn off heat and stir in milk.
- Turn on heat until boiling. Count to 60 and stir as boiling.
- Add cheese after turning burner off.
- Drain pasta. Combine sauce and pasta in 13x9” pan. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.