Hello! Welcome to Beyond Soy!
One of the things that Ashley and I are always on the lookout for is a recipe that both feels a little more gourmet and also doesn’t require any ingredient substitutions to make it soy-free. We love the ease of sharing a recipe without needing to add on a bunch of qualifications to ensure that it is soy-free. That’s why we love this skillet recipe! It’s easy to make, feels a little fancy, and is fun to share with others. Enjoy!
What You'll Need
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 lb broccoli
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do
- Slice sausage into small pieces.
- Slice bell pepper and onion into thin strips.
- Cut broccoli into small pieces.
- Cook rice in a rice cooker or separate pot.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and garlic powder.
- Stir in sausage pieces and cook until browned.
- Add pepper, onion, broccoli, water, and tomato sauce to sausage.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked rice to sausage and mix well.
- Top with cheese and serve hot.