Hello! Welcome to Beyond Soy!
As a great end-of-summer treat, here’s an easy recipe for soy-free cupcakes! Enjoy!
What You’ll Need
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 tsp. + 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. almond milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fill 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar for 2 minutes. While beating, gradually add the melted butter and 2 tsp. vanilla.
- Add half of the flour mixture, mix, then add 1/2 cup milk.
- Add the remaining flour mixture, but don’t mix the batter too much.
- Pour the batter evenly into the 12 paper liners.
- Bake 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from tin and cool completely before frosting.
- In a separate bowl, combine powdered sugar, room temperature butter, 2 tsp. vanilla, and 1 tbsp. milk.
- Slowly add 1 tbsp. milk until frosting is the desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes once cool.